A Practical Theology of Relationships
There are many competing philosophies and theologies (belief systems about God and the purpose of life) for guiding your life choices, both within and without historic Christendom. Where these are based upon inspired Christian cannons (plenary written Truth) and supported by experience, reason, tradition, and archeological verifications, The Creation Trilogy can be a sound and trusted guide to building your life’s relationships around faith, hope, and love on a practical, daily, and moment-by-moment basis.
As a simple overview, follow this Creation Pathway to building Loving Relationships.
1. Your DESIGN has a purpose: [Learn More]
The purpose of creation was for the Creators to have a relationship with their creation. You were purposefully designed for loving and being loved – that is, for loving relationships with yourself, others, and your Creators.
2. You possess a Divine IMAGE: [Learn More]
Being designed for relationships required that your creation be as much like your Creators as possible – that is, to have their “image”, especially the image of “love”. Since love is always a choice, you had to have the powers of choice and reason nearly equal to the Creators. What fun would it be to have a conversation with a slave, robot, or inadequate being? Thus, each creation was/is given images of the Creator, the Re-Creator, and the Creative (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) in each part of their created being, body (soma), soul (psyche), and spirit (pneuma). Each soul is a unique, holistic, “image” of God. Each soul was created with 9 helpful God-Images, each linked to loving and being loved, to discover, develop, and enjoy relationships. In summary, since the central essence of the Creators is love, the center of the created also had to be able to have the ability to love and be loved.
3. Love demands personal CHOICE, SOVERIEGNTY, and CONSEQUENCES for relationships: [Learn More]
As noted in our “Divine Image”, love, to be love and not coercion, had to have freedom of choice; evil (rejection and separation) choices had to be allowed as well. The created had to be sovereign if loving and being loved was to be genuine. The Creators took a great risk in giving us the ability to genuinely experience love in all our relationships. The choices required by love are many and impact all relationships, with self, others, and the Creators. To name a few, the created have the freedom to choose relationship or separation, obedience or rebellion, submission or self-arrogance, freedom or bondage, and ultimately to choose eternal life with their Creators or banishment.
4. There are TWO BASIC RELATIONSHIP CHOICES: [Learn More]
BASIC CHOICE ONE - Poor relationship choices that cause SEPARATION and broken relationships. The Creators’ first creation, Adam and Eve, failed to choose life over death. Since a relationship with the Creators demanded perfection, their poor relationship choices banished them from their created home. They were temporarily given laws, prophets, priests, and kings to help regain that relationship. The pathway back to loving relationships always demanded sacrifice, obedience, and in the case with their Creators, the sacrifice of blood. Relationships are a serious pursuit of life. This was a preparation for a better solution through a second Adam, one who although he could fail, did not.
BASIC CHOICE TWO - Good relationship choices that follow a RECONCILIATION pathway to restored relationships. The second Adam was conceived by God in the womb of Mary. His name was Emmanuel (God with Us), and he passed the test to “reboot” our relationships of love. He lived a sinless life. Also known as Jesus (Savior), he freely paid the price for our separation with His own life (blood). The desire to have a relationship with the created (you) could not have been more serious. Resurrected from the grave, He offers reconciliation (reconnection) for all relationships through his loving grace (undeserved favor) to allow us to regain daily, real-time, loving relationships in all of our life – to ourselves, to others, and most importantly, to our Creators (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).
5. The Creators offer a pathway to TRANSFORM relationships: [Learn More]
Grace offers us a choice of a transformed life - the completeness of the Father, the congruence of the Son, and the ability to make righteous choices through the Holy Spirit. This transformation verifies our eternal and unique significance, gives our life security though promises to meet our needs (not wants), and allows us to live a life of service to ourselves, others, and our Creators. This pathway offers three gifts of reconciliation: FORGIVENESS, FREEDOM, and FULFILLMENT. There are many transformations your Creators want you to experience, benefit from, and enjoy in your life, but none more powerful than forgiveness freedom, and fulfillment. In summary, grace offers us a choice to enjoy three amazing gifts of reconciliation – forgiveness through his mercy, freedom to overcome poor choices through his grace, and purposeful life fulfillment through his love.
6. We can build Loving Relationships through Faith, Hope, and Love: [Learn More]
We gain these powers through attaining FAITH(Trusting in His Truth), HOPE(Choosing to follow His Truth), and LOVE(Living His Truth in real-time).
This “practical theology of relationships” can be used daily, moment-by-moment, anytime, anywhere!
- So how do these elements “fit together” in a way that can help you daily – moment-by-moment? The Relationship Theology Tree can help visualize the connections between faith, hope, and love.
- There are 4 parts to this RELATIONSHIP TREE:
- PART ONE – ROOTS: Faith, hope, and love are rooted in The Creation Trilogy (KEY: F, S, and HS). The Creator’s desire to have a relationship with you! The roots of our faith, then, lie in the images of our Creators given to us at conception (KEY: D, N, R, B, W, C, V, M, F). These images help us build servant RELATIONSHIPS (Formula KEY: D→N≈R notes that Design links to Needs resulting in better Relationships).
- PART TWO – GIFTS OF FAITH: By knowing our images, we can better see and understand the need for the three major gifts of faith – FFORGIVENESS for our sins, FSREEDOM to live a righteous life, and FHSULFILLMENT with purpose in life. Each gift helps us with connecting, preventing separation, and enjoyment of meaningful relationships with ourselves, others, and our Creators. (Superscript KEY: F = God the Father (source of forgiveness); S = God the Son (source of freedom); and HS = Holy Spirit (source for servantship)).
- PART THREE – LOVE: Love gives meaning and grace to all relationships. Love is central to knowing ourselves, others, and our Creators, and makes life worth living. The easy-to-use L.O.V.E. acrostic involves genuine LISTENING, OBSERVING needs, VERIFYING any action will truly increase love, and ENGAGING effectively.
- PART FOUR – HOPE: Hope gives us the motivation and energy to keep our faith vibrant and central to our lives. Hope helps us build, maintain, and restore our relationships. It keeps us going and on track. The life-changing H.O.P. & E. acrostic involves real-time HOOKING-UP to our Creators, OBEYING His commands we understand at the time, and immediate PRAISE & ENJOYMENT of the resulting guidance and support He gives.
- The basics of this simple, practical, and usable Relationship Theology are found in three websites: Love-24-7.com; Hope-24-7.com; and Faith-24-7.com.